It is always exciting to see a child’s face light up when they have an “Aha” moment! Children are naturally curious about their world and make connections as they experiment and explore. STEM is a national focus to expand children’s opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. The foundation of a great STEM education begins in early childhood when a child’s intellect is nurtured by rich, hands-on experiences.
At Creative World School, we nurture curiosity and wonder with a challenging curriculum. Our inquiry-based instruction perfectly integrates the learning goals of STEM education: at Creative World, we are all about Science, Math, Technology, and Engineering. Young engineers build bridges with blocks and emerging scientists observe and track the growth of classroom plants. Instead of rote memorization, our emphasis on problem solving and experimentation encourages children to be thinkers. These topics are integrated into our explorations in a fun and seamless way that nurtures our students’ intellect. We are proud to be part of their “lightbulb moments” every day!
Here’s how YOU can integrate critical thinking into your family’s core foundation:
- Nurture what your child is passionate about and build on their interests.
- Provide open-ended toys and tools: what can your child create with a box?
- Rather than answering questions outright, investigate the answer together.
- Reflect “why” questions back to your child.
- Ask your child to express their opinion: what do they think?