- Apples are more effective than coffee at waking you up in the morning.
- Bananas aren’t the only fruits with potassium. Avocados have twice the amount of potassium as bananas and are rich in monounsaturated fat that is burned easily as energy. Green-tipped bananas are better for you than over-ripened bananas. Bananas contain a lot of sugar, if eaten with protein, the insulin levels are normalized.
- Broccoli contains twice the amount of Vitamin C than and orange. It contains as much calcium as whole milk, and is more readily absorbed by our bodies.
- Cilantro is good for digestion and also soothes many common ailments such as headache, coughs and nausea.
- Onions are great antioxidants, containing anti-allergy, antiviral, and anti-histamine properties. The sulfur compounds found in onions help in the detoxifying the body and aid in cellular repair. Maximum health benefits are seen in raw or lightly-steamed onions.
- Parsley is also great for use as a digestive aid. It is a natural breath freshener, anti-carcinogen, contains three times the amount of vitamin C as oranges, and twice the amount of iron as in spinach.
Check out more healthy food facts at mercola.com!