- The least crowded day at grocery stores is typically Wednesdays. (s)
- The strawberry is the only fruit that grows its seeds on the outside. (s)
- You cannot taste food unless it is mixed with saliva. (s)
- The Popsicle was actually created by accident in 1905. When 11-year-old Frank Epperson left a sweet drink and its stirring stick on the porch overnight, he awoke to find that the drink had frozen to the stick. He shared his ‘Epsicle’ with his friends and later his own children, who called the treats Pop’s ‘sicles. In 1923 Epperson applied for the patent and the Popsicle brand name was born. (s)
- Coffee is the world’s most recognizable smell. (s)
Check out some other great Fun Food Facts at agday.org!