Many preschools and childcare centers are now holding Storybook Dress-Up Days, in lieu of scarier options this time of year.
We LOVE featuring Storybook Tales all month long in our Exploratorium™, and all of our classes get in on the character fun by dressing up for our Storybook Parade and other themed events.
Here are some great and easy storybook characters to create costumes for:
- The Little Mermaid
- Wizard of Oz (Dorothy, Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion, Tinman)
- The Jungle Book (Mowgli, a snake, a panther, a wolf, a tiger)
- Mouse, Pig, Cat, or Puppy from “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” and others in the Laura Numeroff series
- Winnie the Pooh (or one of the other characters from A.A. Milne)
- Peter Pan/Captain Hook
- Robin Hood
- A monkey (like Curious George)
- Snow White
- An elephant (Babar)
- A brown bear (Paddington)
- A white mouse (Stuart Little)
The best idea is to springboard off of your child’s favorite book!
Here are some ideas for our ingenious parents from last year’s festivities:
Look like a blast? We love to dream big, encourage reading, and imagine ourselves as our favorite characters. Come celebrate with us!