We asked our teachers to recommend some of their favorite Winter Season books and here are some of their top picks:
The Mitten By Jan Brett
“A great story of a little boy who loses his mitten in the snow. All of the wonderful animals find the mitten and take their turn getting inside the mitten to stay warm from the snow.”
– Ms. Jenn from CW Land O’ Lakes recommends this book for Three year olds and Pre-K students.
The Magic Snowman by Deborah Jones
“A fun book about a little boy who looked out his window to find a snowman there. The book seems to come to life as the little boy plays with the snowman.”
– Ms. Cherese from CW Land O’ Lakes recommends this book for Three year olds and Pre-K students.
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
“This book is a classic! I’ve been reading it to young children for many years!”
– Ms. Sharon from CW Noland recommends this book.
Hibernation Station by Michelle Meadows
“Lots of rhyming and new words for them to learn. Kids love to see and hear about all the animals in the story!”
– Ms. Brenda from CW Thompson recommends this book for Pre-k students.
The Biggest Snowball Fight by Angela Shelf Medearis
“It is a good book because has pre-reading activities such as rhyming/repetition and is about winter!”
– Ms Coleen from CW Wesley Chapel recommends this book for Pre-K students.
“The children really get involved in the count down”
– Ms. Claribel from CW Wesley Chapel recommends this book for Pre-K students.
A Winter Place by Ruth Yaffe Radin
“The book has wonderful illustrations depicting the seasonal changes. It also describes activities done in the winter-time!”
– Ms. Maggie form CW Liberty recommends this book for Pre-K students.
The First Snowfall by Anne and Harlow Rockwell
“The kids love hearing about the snow!”
-Ms. Renuka from CW Wesley Chapel recommends this book for Pre-K students.
Pip & Squeak by Ian Schoenherr
“This is a fun book about two brother mice who are running late for Gus’s party and forget their present. They search through yards to find a gift to bring to Gus and end up taking the carrot off of a snowman’s nose. Gus loved it cause he was a rabbit. Just a cute fun-filled story!”
– Ms. Missy from CW Land O’ Lakes recommends this book for Pre-K students.
Winter Friends by Carl R. Sams ii & Jean Stoick
“There are wonderful pictures in the book to demonstrate the wonders of the winter weather!”
– Ms. Heather from CW Causeway recommends this book for Toddler students.
Bear’s Loose Tooth by Karma Wilson
“It’s a fun book to read, kids love the story, it has a lot of rhyming which helps the children with their pre-reading learning.”
– Ms. Marie from CW Thompson recommends this book for Pre-K students.
The Little Penguin by A.J. Wood
“It is a good story for children because they learn about a mom penguin and her baby penguin, it teaches children how much their parents love them and care of them.”
– Ms. Valerie from CW Thompson recommends this book for Pre-K students.
We’d love to hear some of your favorite books, share some with us!